Metal Detecting And More
The Treasure Coast is a region in the southeast of the U.S. state of Florida. It borders the Atlantic Ocean and comprises the Indian River, Martin, and St. Lucie Counties. The area, which refers to the Spanish Treasure Fleet, was lost in a 1715 hurricane and emerged from residents' desire to distinguish themselves from the Gold Coast to the south (the coast along Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties).
The Treasure Coast area includes parts of two metropolitan statistical areas designated by the Office of Management and Budget and used for statistical purposes by the Census Bureau and other agencies: the Port St. Lucie Metropolitan Statistical Area (comprising St. Lucie and Martin counties) and the Sebastian–Vero Beach, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area (comprising Indian River County).
The Treasure Coast is a popular tourist destination for its beaches, fishing, golf and also metal detecting. People buy metal detectors and gold detectors and try finding hidden treasures. The region is also home to a number of famous museums, including the McLarty Treasure Museum and the Elliott Museum.
Here are some of the things you can do in the Treasure Const:
- Visit the McLarty Treasure Museum: The McLarty Treasure Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of treasure hunting in the Treasure Const. The museum has a collection of artifacts from shipwrecks, including gold, silver, and jewels.
- Visit the Elliott Museum: The Elliott Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of the Treasure Coast. The museum has a collection of artifacts from the region's history, including Native American artifacts, Spanish artifacts, and Civil War artifacts.
- Go fishing: The Treasure Coast is a popular destination for fishing. There are a number of charter vessels that offer fishing trips in the area.
- Play golf: The Treasure Coast is home to several golf courses for all levels of golfers, from beginner to experienced.
- Relax on the beach: The Treasure Coast has several beautiful beaches, so relax on the sand, swim in the ocean, or build sandcastles.
- Explore the waterways: The Treasure Coast is home to several waterways, including the Indian River Lagoon and the St. Lucie River. You can explore the waterways by boat, kayak, or canoe canals
- Visit the local shops and restaurants: The Treasure Coast has many shops and restaurants where you will find everything from souvenirs to fine dining in the area. Check out the Nautical But Nice store on Jensen Beach Blvd.
The Treasure Coast is a beautiful and historical region of Florida. These are historical places with lots of things to do. Visit the local museums or relax on the beach. The Treasure Coast is a great place to visit for a vacation or a weekend stay.