Why Is A Multi-Frequency Detector Better?
Multi-frequency metal detectors are better than single frequency metal detectors because they can detect a wider range of metals and in more difficult conditions.
A single frequency metal detector emits a single wave that is transmitted into the ground. This wave interacts with the metal targets in the ground and is reflected back to the detector. The detector then analyzes the reflected wave to determine the size, shape, and depth of the target.
A multi-frequency metal detector emits multiple waves of different frequencies. This allows the detector to better discriminate between different types of metals. For example, a low-frequency wave will be better at detecting large, deep targets, while a high-frequency wave will be better at detecting small, shallow targets.
Multi-frequency metal detectors are also more versatile than single frequency metal detectors. They can be used in a wider range of conditions, such as saltwater beaches and areas with high mineral content.
Here are some of the advantages of using a multi-frequency metal detector:
- Increased depth detection: multi-frequency metal detectors can detect targets that are deeper underground than single frequency metal detectors. This is because the multiple frequencies can penetrate the ground more effectively.
- Improved target separation: multi-frequency metal detectors can better distinguish between different types of metals. This is because each frequency is more sensitive to certain types of metals.
- Better performance in difficult conditions: multi-frequency metal detectors can perform better in difficult conditions, such as saltwater beaches and areas with high mineral content. This is because the multiple frequencies can better penetrate these materials.
If you are serious about metal detecting, then a multi-frequency metal detector is the best option. They offer several advantages over single frequency metal detectors, including increased depth detection, improved target separation,
Who makes the best multi-frequency metal detector?
There are a few companies that make great multi-frequency metal detectors, but some of the most popular brands include:
- Minelab: Minelab is a leading manufacturer of metal detectors and their multi-frequency detectors are known for their performance and durability. Some of the popular multi-frequency minelab metal detectors include the Equinox 900, Manticore, and Excalibur II.
- Nokta Makro: Nokta Makro is a relatively new company, but they have quickly become a major player in the metal detecting industry. Their multi-frequency metal detectors are known for their affordability and performance. Some of their popular multi-frequency metal detectors include the Legend which is in direct competition with the Minelab Equinox series
- XP Metal Detectors: XP Metal Detectors is a French company that is known for their innovative metal detectors. Their multi-frequency metal detectors are known for their versatility and performance. Some of their popular multi-frequency metal detectors include the Deus, Deus II, ORX, and MI-6.
XP Metal Detectors Deus II metal detector
Ultimately, the best multi-frequency metal detector for you will depend on your budget, needs, and experience level. If you are a beginner looking to buy metal detectors then a more affordable single frequency option like the Nokta Makro Simplex+ or Minelab X -Terra Pro may be a good choice. If you are more experienced and looking for a high-end detector, then the Minelab Equinox 900 or XP Deus II may be a better option. Of course then there is the Minelab Manticore AKA the Beast or the Garrett AT Max that uses frequency shift modulation or (FSM) making it another great option.
It is important to do your research and compare different models before making a purchase. You can read reviews, watch videos, and talk to other metal detectorists to get their recommendations.